The Singhi Dalan or Hall of Stone, dates from the mid-17th century, and is one of the principal remaining sections of Sultan Shah Shuja's palace. Rajmahal, located along the right bank of the Ganges in Bihar, was chosen in 1592 as the capital of Bengal by Man Singh, a Rajput general who worked for Mughal Emperor Akbar (r.1556-1605).Singhi Dalan, Rajmahal
Rajmahal remained the capital until 1607, when it was shifted to Dacca. Sultan Shuja, the governor of Bengal, moved the capital back to Rajmahal in 1639, though by 1707 it was shifted again, this time to Murshidabad.
Singhi Dalan, right in the midst of Rajmahal town, built during the Mughal era and carrying on its distinctive architectural heritage on its edifice, offers a magnificent view of the Ganges.Ruins of Raja Man Singh Palace, Rajmahal
Neighbouring Singhi Dalan are Akbari Masque, built by Akbar himself and a place where Namaz is offered ti…