It was established in Munger in 1901 by the eminent scholar Hazrat Maulana Mohammad Ali Mungeri (R.A.), for the reformation of societies and purification of souls following the order of his Shaikh Hazrat Maulana Fazl-e-Rahman Ganj Muradabadi. Following his order, Maulana Mungeri left his birthplace of Kanpur, U.P and migrated to Munger and established the Khanqah. Since its inception, by the mercy of Allah, the Khanqah has witnessed numerous transformed souls who have found peace and tranquility in the message of Islam. People come here to take a solemn pledge (bay’ah) to abandon sins, believe in the Islamic creed and follow Islam, by being kind and just to one-selves and to fellow human beings.
A Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) was established in 1996 by Hazrat Maulana Mohammad Wali Rahmani Sahib to formalize various charity work of the Rahmani Mission. Since its inception it has been active in the fields of Public Health, Education, Social Justice, Environment and others. Hundreds of education centers, vocational training institutes and healthcare centers are run under the auspices of the Rahmani Foundation