Minto tower was erected in commemoration of Lord Minto, the then Viceroy and Governor General of India, who visited Giddhaur on 10th Feb 1906. The tower was constructed by Maharaja Rameshwar Prasad Singh ‘Bahadur’ of Giddhour.
It holds a historical importance in modern Indian history and marks the centre of Gidhaur city. Minto Tower is situated at Giddhaur block head quarter, in the middle of Gidhaur Market on the main Jamui-Jhajha state highway. which is 15 K.M East from the district head quarter, Jamui District.